Thursday, August 25, 2022

Trawling Through The Thrift Stores with Joseph Finn

 Happy Thursday, everyone!  We're almost to the weekend and it's time to look at what I've found recently.


__________________________________________




I weirdly realized recently that as many times as I've seen Blade Runner (and the very excellent sequel, Blade Runner 2049, which is great but you can just skip the Jared Leto scene which adds nothing to the movie and he's just plain bad in) I've somehow never read the novel it's based on.  I think I read a graphic novel adaptation at some point, but I do want to check out the actual source.  As I remember, this also includes a lot more android animals as pretty much everyone has robotic pets now since mmEarth is a hellhole that everyone is trying to get off of.  

And since we're on the subject, I'm still a Director's Cut guy when it comes to Blade Runner.  The Final Cut has some interesting ideas to it but I think at that point it was fiddling just   for the sake of fiddling.  Maybe one of these days I'll get the big set that has all *5* cuts of Blade Runner and do a compare and contrast but then again, life is short and do I need to do that?


You can watch Blade Runner, the theatrical cut, at the usual places for rent and sale.  The Director's Cut isn't currently streaming anywhere but the DVD is pretty cheap.  The Final Cut is on HBO Max and Netflix.


__________________________________________



I know Graham Masterton as a horror author who has a bit of a reputation for over-the-top gore, which can sometimes be a good thing.  (Hell, Clive Barker has made a pretty good career our of it).  So sure, I'll take a chance on a novel that appears to be about terrorists unleashing Japanese nuclear demons on Southern California.  You know, that old chestnut.


__________________________________________



And finally for this week…a Richard Harris boxing movie?  This is definitely something I’m curious about since I came to him much later in his life in movies like The Field where he was already up there in years.  


No comments:

Post a Comment