Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Thrift Store LP mystery solved -- Garbo

 Years ago, I used to bring every interesting item I spotted in the thrift store, which led to some -- uh, issues. So I started using my flip phone camera to take snaps of stuff I didn't have shelf space for.That's what I did with this album.

I did not know what to make of "Jug End Memories" when I saw the record cover. I had seen a different record with music from "Greektown" somewhere, so I thought maybe "Jug End" was also a neighborhood rich in ethnicity. But no, Google tells me that Jug End, aka The Jug End Barn, was once a ski lodge in Massachusetts/.



A couple of other people have stumbled across the LP in their thrift stores, and have made YouTube videos. 


Someone who, unlike me, bought "Jug Band Memories" and brought it home, made this video. He was driving to a nearby spot to pick up a vintage electronic something-or-other, and he was so close to the old Jug End Barn site that he stopped to take some video footage. 

 



Another YouTuber composed a song and then added historic photos to an accompanying slideshow:



If you are interested in the history of Jug End and want to see old photos, you can go HERE.

 

Next week:  Not sure yet but probably nothing to do with torn-down ski lodges

No comments:

Post a Comment